To download the ATLauncher you need to select the correct version. If you are running Windows then you should select the 'Windows (.exe)' button. If you are running a Mac then you should select the 'Mac OSX (.app)' button. If your running Linux or prefer to use the jar file, then you should select the 'Linux/Others (.jar)' button.
If your using the Mac OSX App then simple extract the file if necessary then place the ATLauncher app somewhere such as your /Applications folder or directly in your Dock. Otherwise put the exe/jar file in it's own folder somewhere on your computer such as on your desktop or documents folder, making triple sure you place it in it's a new blank folder.
Once downloaded and placed somewhere it's as simple as opening it like you do any other application. Once the ATLauncher is open you can then go to the 'Accounts' tab and enter in your Minecraft Username/Email and Password combination to add your account and start playing packs.
To play a pack just simply navigate to the 'Packs' tab and click 'New Instance' on any of the packs you want to play. Optionally give it a name and pick a version to install and click Install and the process will run through and by the end you will have a working instance which you can play in the 'Instances' tab.
For a more details walkthrough on how to download and install the ATLauncher, please watch the Installation Video below. If you have any issues then please feel free to post in our forums to get some help.
Make sure you save the download to a new folder somewhere. Don't just place this on your desktop or run it from your downloads folder, it should be run from a folder of it's own.
If your using the Mac app and it comes up as damaged, it isn't. Please don't post about this on our forums and watch the install video above and at roughly the 5 minute mark it explains how to solve it. Any threads on the forums will be immediately moved to the Graveyard.
- Change mouse icon to hand icon when hovering over instances image to indicate it's clickable
- Add in initial memory/ram setting for controlling the -Xms command line argument when launching Minecraft
- Add in warning icon
- Add warning to memory settings when user is on a 32 bit system
- Add New Zealand - Auckland server
- Add the ability to change an instances image. Simply right click it and select 'Change Image'
- Add in warning messages when mods are selected with a warning message attached to them
- Removed logging of time played and installs for dev packs (which would error out anyway)
- Fix misconfigured themes causing console stalls
- Fix Account tab to now display 'Accounts' rather than 'Account'
- Fix issue when libraries didn't contain a - causing the install process to cancel
- Fix skins not updating in the launcher due to new format by Mojang
- Fix uuid not being passed to Minecraft when offline
- Fix relocalization in the settings so it properly relocalizes when language is changed
- Fix issue installing packs with overwritten libraries
- Fix Toaster notifications not working on systems where translucent windows are not available
- Don't load all Minecraft versions when launcher is started, only load them as necessary
- Show edit mods button even when mods haven't been installed
- Remove playing api call
- Use AccessToken to refresh a users login details rather than logging in every time
- Fix mods not showing as optional when installing server with JSON
- Don't overwrite libraries packs use when installing on client in the case of the pack needing a newer library
- Fix users path showing in logs. Not sure why that was removed
- Fix JSON installs of versions with missing fields failing
- Fix GitHub issue posting to provide the correct url
- Removed RMI related things due to issues with ports being taken up causing crashes
- Fix launcher not opening on first startup after downloading files
- Remove stacktrace showing in console when loading up the launcher for first time
- Fix APIResponse implementation to use the correct return format from API
- Add SettingsListener to listen for when settings are changed to enable/disable parts of the launcher based on changed settings
- Fix Network Checker Tool being usable when logging is disabled as well as Server Checker Tool being usable when it's disabled
- Server Checker Tool now shows the number of players online and the status (online/offline) of servers added
- Server Checker Tool now disables unusable buttons and allows deselecting selected servers
- Only use a packs minimum memory requirement if it's less than half the ram of the system and only use a packs minimum permgen requirement if it's less than an eighth of the total system ram
- Fix kill Minecraft warning not coming up
- Fix improper localisation
- Reload the language file after an update incase it's changed
- Split up long descriptions for mods when hovering over them in the optional mod selection dialog
- Add in experimental JSON support for packs. Enabled using the --json=experimental command line argument. Support not provided for those using it who aren't testers/pack developers
- Fix toaster notifications not working on <= Java 6
- Copy improper downloaded files to a folder in the root directory for analysis
- Changed CreeperHost link
- More details when logging exceptions in Downloadable class
- Add error checking when compiling a pack if the library files cannot be copied due to an error
- Removed connection timeouts, if you still have issues downloading we have done all that we can do for you I'm afraid, the issue is on your end
- Fixed Linux java checking crashes thanks to ikarus in IRC
- Added in Tools tab where some misc tools will go
- Added in Network Testing Tool to the Tools Tab which allows you to run a series of tests on your network for submitting to ATLauncher for diagnostic and informational purposes
- Added in Server Checker Tool which allows you to monitor the status and logged in players of one/many Minecraft servers and alert you when servers go up/down. Can be configured in the Settings/Tools Tab and servers can be added/edited in the Tools tab
- Minecraft server checker made possible by the code of zh32: https://github.com/zh32/Pingtest
- Add setting for date format. Americans rejoice
- Switched to new logging format thanks to Asyncronous
- Automatic reporting of unhandled exceptions to github thanks to Asyncronous
- Changing language now no longer needs a launcher restart thanks to Asyncronous
- Added Toaster notifications (thanks to Asyncronous) to provide desktop slider type notifications
- General thanks to Asyncronous and lexware for their contributions for this release
- Fixed Linux crashing issues thanks to Nebbie in IRC for working with me to get this solved
- Fix server install issues again
- Fix issue with getting colour for console text returning null
Page Loaded In 0.1106 seconds
© 2012-2014 ATLauncher